Does your organisation have up to date choices on where to play and how to win? Specifically:
- Why do you do what you? What problem or opportunity do you want to engage with (in relation to the environment, society and customers)?
- Who do you need to influence, sell to, convert or convince
- What are you trying to sell them, or convince or convert them on? What do you want to be known for? What is your competitive advantage?
- Where is/should that engagement, sale, convincing taking place?
- When are the key times to engage?
- How should you engage your key audiences? How should you add value to your stakeholders?
- What data, resources, skills and governance do you need to achieve the desired organisational outcomes?
To help your organisation make these choices, I will liaise with relevant stakeholders to understand your situation/aspirations and lead, oversee or advise on:
- Market research, customer insight, segmentation, targeting, incl. audience personas and journeys development
- Brand and value development to power your organisation’s growth, brand equity and brand salience, unique selling point and pricing, internal and external brand amplification and consistency
- Positioning: segment-based positioning, set up and use brand architecture, and a digital vision
- SMART (specific, measurable, actionable, realistic and time-bound) goals and KPIs setting – focused on outcomes, rather than outputs
- Integrated marketing communications, incl. alignment of paid, owned, earned and shared activity
- A high-level marketing plan (steps, channels, platforms and tactics) to deliver against your organisational and marketing goals. Including but not limited to:
- User experience, customer experience and content mapped to audience journeys, move your audiences towards actions driving value to your organisation and improve user and customer satisfaction
- Distribution: set out channels (including channel strategy, e.g. social media strategy, content strategy), platforms and partners
- Data and measurement: understanding your marketing-related data architecture and governance (incl. systems and tools for a single customer view), drive compliance with data protection and ethics, set out marketing measurement metrics, tracking, attribution modelling, forecasting, optimisation for profitable and sustainable growth
- Resources, skills and governance:
- Valuable existing assets
- Required skills (internal expertise and additional resource)
- Responsibilities across teams and collaborative processes for aligned planning, shared learning and inclusive governance
- Timescales, structures and systems
- Risk management
- Test, learn and refine approach, incl. ongoing strategy & plans review and optimisation to ensure relevance, agility, high impact & profitable ROI
- Organisation-wide communication and adoption of the marketing strategy
If you’ve got some of the above points covered, I can focus on specific areas that you’d like to review or improve, e.g. development of a segment-based value proposition, a workshop on SMART objectives setting, personas and journey development, a holistic content or social media strategy, an annual content or social media plan.
Let’s discuss your situation and how I can leverage my experience in sustainability, strategic marketing, stakeholder engagement and targets hitting to help your team:
- Achieve agreed objectives
- Set your organisation up for scalable success
- Boost your brand’s impact
- Love what they do